Bird Origins

To George O.: I just came across an article you wrote for OMNI a couple
years ago in which you describe your idea that the "Birds Are Dinosaur
Descendants" theory is wrong and that in fact all dinosaurs are descendants
of various stages of bird evolution ("Birds Came First" theory).  What is
the current status of the theory--How have others responded to the
theory, how have your own opinions evolved (no pun intended) since you
wrote the article, and I would definitely like to hear others on the
list give their opinions (especially G. S. Paul!)?

                             -- Dave