Re: Dinosaurian Mating

In a message dated 95-10-06 17:06:31 EDT, Stang1996@aol.com writes:

>Didn't a lot of Asian Ankylosaurs live in desserty areas where water was not
>an easily found item?  I would hate to have seen the watering hole durring
>Ankylosaur mating season (hate to have drank from it is more likely).

Yeah, but ankylosaurs were built lower to the ground than stegosaurs and
weren't as spiky (toward the rear, anyway). The "water sports" idea is just a
guess, by the way; there were probably as many different ways of dinosaur
mating as there were dinosaur species. Some may have mated in water, others
on dry land, still others after climbing trees. I can't imagine how we would
find out, short of going back in time.