Re: Cretaceous vegetation

One of the authors (I can't remember who) of the nature paper gave a
guest lecture at my old uni during my undergrad years, describing the
flora buried by an ashfall. From memory although angiosperms were diverse
they were restricted to small herbaceous ground plants with the exception
of a species of palm that formed scattered large bushes sticking up above
the level of the ground cover. The bulk of the ground cover was formed by
ferns. Trees (probably gymnosperm) must have been few and far between.

Adam Yates