Sue and You

Concerning the pledge drive to "Save Sue for Science".
My response to Stan Friesen, Tamira, 'Dino' George Olshevsky, etc... is that
if you are serious, let people contribute as much or as little as they feel
able to- somewhere between $10 (as a student rate) and $50 (as a gainfully
employed adult paleo wanna-be rate) sounds about right.  Maybe you could even
have a corporate rate; there must be some company executives on this list that
know a little about corporate charity contributions, either as employee
matching or as outright gifts for tax write-offs.  Stress that it would/should
be a one time only thing, and that the fossil will be donated to the Smitty.
Maybe the museum would even entertain the idea of a small plaque listing the
names of some of the donors (say $1000 and up).... or rename the fossil for
the highest donor- we saw Candlestick park in San Francisco change it's name
to 3-Com park for a cash incentive, so why not the 'Standard Oil Tyrannosaur'?
Can you see mobs of children in schools across the country throwing coins into
an internet-sponsored fund-drive for this beast?  If concerned people want
this badly enough, I believe that it can be made to happen.  That being said,
I will gladly donate $50 to the cause if it becomes real, and since my pal
George is feeling a bit squeezed at present, I'll put in a little extra for
him as well.