Re: number of species of dinos

>What percentage of the total ecosystem are fossilized?  What percentage of
>the possible fossils to find have been found?  Any guess?

This would be dependent on what the ecosystem contained.  In the Ordovician=
 and Devonian shales and limestones in my area, we can see evidence for a=
 great deal of what was there.  Of the hard-shelled inverts, we probably=
 have close to everything that existed.  As far as soft-bodied animals go,=
 we only have sketchy evidence for what's there.
I don't know how much this will relate to the Mesozoic.

Rob

***
The pun is the lowest form of humor,
  --Unless you thought of it first!!!