Re: DINOTREE

At 9:55 AM 10/5/95, th81 wrote:

>If Hans-Dieter Sues is correct (and I think he is), Elmisauridae is a junior
>synonym of Caenagnathidae.

        Having read Sues' abstract in last year's SVP Abstract Volume, as
well as hearing his talk, I was under the impression that _Caenagnathus_,
_Macrophalangia_, and the Elmisauridae were all now synonymous with
_Chirostenotes_, which, in turn, was a North American oviraptorosaur, based
on the new skull and material.  Did I miss something?

Jerry D. Harris                       (214) 768-2750
Shuler Museum of Paleontology         FAX:  (214) 768-2701
Southern Methodist University         jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu
Box 750395                            (Compuserve:  73132,3372)
Dallas  TX  75275-0395

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then
it is the sister taxon to, but cannot parsimoniously be, the direct
ancestor
to all other ducks."

                                --  _not_ W. Hennig