Pledge drive ? (was Sue and the president)

In a message dated 95-09-29 12:44:06 EDT, swf@ElSegundoCA.ATTGIS.COM (Stan
Friesen) writes:

> > shame we can't find 100,000 people on here that would be willing to
> > give $10 each....there is a million dollars
> > Louise
> >
>Well, one could at least *try*.  However one would need to add a few
>Usenet groups to the places you solicit.
>

>BTW, I can probably swing $50, maybe more.
>
>swf@elsegundoca.attgis.com

Only problem I can see is the number of people who would be afraid to
contribute for fear that the attempt would only cause the person holding the
money to flee for South America....and what if we DON'T raise a million?
 Does everyone get their money back or will it be understood that it can be
considered to be a contribution to further research.   I can probably swing
$50.....just didn't want to make it too rich for the students and other
struggling people who read these things.

OK folks, lets hear from you all...an unofficial pledge drive.....if we did
do this...how would you suggest it be done and how much would you be willing
to contribute....or would it be a nice dream/thought with no real application
to REAL life?

Louise