Re: Re: Trexie and whales..?!

>>> top predator ...
>>  present ecosystems ...
>   Homo sapiens ...

    All the better to further the hypothesis that top predators need
not be nearly as large as the biggest herbivores around.  :-)  But I
admit, I did forget about _Velociraptor_sapiens_ in my enumeration of
late Cretaceous fauna -- funny how people thought those stone spear
points were Lakota for so long, right?  :-)

    Or are we missing _Triceratops_goodnessgracious_, which has ten
times the mass of a robust _T._rex_, which then in turn gets to be a
top predator that fits the Serengeti model?  :-)

                                                --  Jay Freeman