Re: origin of feathers

Hi folks,

Fisrt of all skeeters DO take avian blood when they can. The far northern
nesting migratory birds face billions of biting flys and skeeters every
summer, and do indeed take many bites. I've seen this on National Geographic
Society films. If you've ever been in one of those tundra regions you can
relate, as the insect population goes bananas during the short summer.
Nothing escapes their attention, and while feathers help shield the body
there are always places for biters to get a shipon hose in.

As a former upland gird hunter I am here to tell you adult birds do indeed
carry lice.

Roger A. Stephenson
lightwaves@aol.com