New TV programme on fossils - Monday 2nd

There is a new tv programme starting tonight (Monday - your time in the US)
on the Discovery channel, called the "Planet of Life, made by the Japanese
tv company NHK. Sorry about the late notice, NHK promised to let me know
whan it was due but didn't. The second episode (which I suspect is next
week) is the most interesting, since it mainly deals with the Cambrian and
the Burgess Shale organisms. There are some excellent animation sequences,
which include _Anomalocaris_, along with interviews with Harry Whitington,
Simon Conway Morris, Derek Briggs and with Des Collins who is actually at
the Burgess Shale locality. There is also some real life footage of
_Anomalocaris_ doing synchronised swimming.
There is also some nice footage of kangaroos taken from a moving vehicle
driven by me and about 2 seconds of us fossil hunting at the Ediacara Hills
(hint, of the three people in shot, I am not the older guy nearest camera,
nor the female in the background). The animation of the Ediacaran fauna is
not so good.

Obdinobit: I am sure they will get around to dinosaurs eventually!

Chris

it was all downhill from there.