The Lost World Endpapers

I haven't gotten very far into Crichton's _The Lost World_ yet, but I
must say I liked the endpaper design by Greg Wenzel. Especially the
Stegosaurus with the spikes perfectly parallel to the plane of the
ground. Shouldn't all Stegosaurus illustrations now show the spikes that
way? It seems to me that even after the discovery by Ken Carpenter and
Bryan Small of the nearly complete Stegosaurus skeleton near Canon City,
Colorado, a lot of books came out with illustrations of angled spikes
(although sometimes the accompanying text would refer to the "new"
orientation).

----- Amado Narvaez
      anarvaez@umd5.umd.edu