High speed rocks and strange notes.

In reference to the fireball question:

I was up in Chicago for the ACS meeting this past week and there was a couple
of blips on the evening news.  Apparently it landed in Canada somewhere and it
set a mobile home on fire.  There was a quote from a geologist at a nearby
university regarding the speculation that it was from space aliens (oops, sorry
couldn't resist).  I think it happened Tuesday or Wednesday of last week and
could be seen in a number of states.

More on the subject (I think), I also had a chance to visit the Field Museum of
Natural History's "DNA to Dinosaurs Exhibit".  Well worth the price of
admission, but I was concerned with some things I saw there.  At each major
"station" there was a place to submit questions and these were posted on a
board nearby.  The majority of the notes said something to the effect "This is
all a lie, read the Bible for the truth!".  I am curious whether this is a
common thing, or was I following a bus group of Creationists?

Steve Showalter

"Gravity is a harsh mistress!"  -The Tick

skshow@rt66.com
or
skshowa@sandia.gov