Re: Betty C's ? about bouncing dino tails

Betty-
I refer you to all of Gatesy's recent papers on theropod and bird
caudofemoralis studies.  If you wish I'll work up a list.

Personally I don't see dino tails bouncing at all. In ornithischia ossified
tendons and other bony features would have prevented this.  In other dinos
the articulation of the caudals kept the tail elevated at all times,
especially so in droameosaurids.

When I mentioned that the pull of the caudofemoralis was downward, I was
paraphrasing Gatesy who, it seems to me, was emphasizing the complete
reduction of lateral undulation in theropods due to this muscle.

Hope this helps.

David Peters