Re: Re: Field Museum redux

>You are correct.  Creationism is a pseudo science.
>Why not show what its "tenets" are and compare to
>evidence presented by science.
>
>Also creationism is not necessarily a religion, nor
>allied with a specific religion.

While creationism is not necessarily allied with a specific religion, the
requirement of a supernatural intelligence organizing the cosmos is pretty
damn close to religion.  And, of course, Creationism as currently expressed in
the U.S. *IS* allied with fundamentalist Protestantism.  I don't see that
many people arguing that we should teach students that the Earth was formed
from the skull of the Frost Giant Ymir, slain by Villi, Ve, and Odin... ;-)

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Dept. of Geology
University of Maryland