Re: ARGGH - WHAT'S HAPPENING?

>TITANOSAUR SPINES
>
>The vineyard titanosaur apparently possesses spines. Are these atop the scutes?
>Was anything revealed about their pattern on the body, if any. If the
>morphology
>of the scutes proves the same as that in other armoured titanosaurs (and other
>sauropods, possibly), the possibility that all had such spines is raised. This
>is something, of course, suggested a good long while ago.

Darren -

        This is new to me:  what is the "vineyard" titanosaur, and could
you point me to a ref?  Thanks!

Jerry D. Harris
Shuler Museum of Paleontology
Southern Methodist University
Box 750395
Dallas  TX  75275-0395
(214) 768-2750
FAX:  (214) 768-2701
jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu
        (Compuserve:  73132,3372)

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and
quacks like a duck, then it is the sister taxon to,
but cannot parsimoniously be, the direct ancestor
to all other ducks."

                                --  _not_ W. Hennig