Re: Warm Blooded vs. Cold Blooded

In a message dated 95-09-16 21:17:45 EDT, ornstn@inforamp.net (Ronald
Orenstein) writes:

>The degree of
>certainty some posters here seem to have about what these creatures  should,
>or should not, have done should be tempered with a little humility in the
>face of the complexity of nature, the vastness of time, the incompleteness
>of the evidence and our general inability to understand everything that is
>going on with the creatures that are alive today right in front of us.

Indeed. The more I consider the things living animals are capable of doing
with the equipment they have, the less hopeful I am that we will ever know
anything really interesting (that is, non-superficial and non-obvious) about
dinosaur behavior. There really is only one way to find out what dinosaurs
could and could not do, and that is to invent a time machine and return to
the Mesozoic to perform field obsverations and take measurements. Other than
that, we will go around in circles forever.

G.O.