Even more on dino metabolics

Something I forgot in my discussion of dinosaur air-sac systems, and Ruben's
concern about the lack of large sternal plates in dinosaurs. Of course, we
now know that some advanced theropods had sternal plates as large as those of
many birds. In fact, the theropods' sternals are sometimes larger than those
of flightless birds! In addition, theropods and (as we now know) sauropods
had gastralia that may have been used to help ventilate abdominal air-sacs.

GSPaul