Re: Sauropod head-neck complexes

On Thu, 14 Sep 1995 GSP1954@aol.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> If a 50 tonne sauropod had a reptilian metabolisms, then it would have had to
> eat only about 50-100 kg of food each day, or just a fraction of a percent of
> their body mass each day. It is hard to explain why sauropods would have
> evolved such extremely tall, powerful head-neck complexes in order to eat
> such modest amounts. A tachyaerobic (what most call
Just out of curiousity, if coproliths can be associated with a
particular species, then what mass can be estimated of the original meal?
I suppose this would also require being able to determine what the meal
had consisted of...

+----------+    Rich Travsky   RTRAVSKY @ UWYO . EDU
+----------+    http://plains.uwyo.edu/~rtravsky/