Re: RE: Warm Blooded vs. Cold Blooded

You wrote:

>The head of a 30-50 ton brachiosaur could swallow a human whole (I
have seen
>the real skull in Berlin). To consume enough food to power a
whale-like
>metabolism (about one ton per day) would require eating about only 1
kilogram
>per minute (these are very approximate values).
> The mouth of a 11 tonne Diplodocus was broader than that of an 11
tonne
>indricothere (I have taken the measurements).
>
>GSPaul

  I presume that you are referring to Janensch's Brachiosaurus branci
skull in Berlin. Do you have any measurements to substantiate your
statement that it could "swallow a human whole"?  I have to question
that based on the fact that B. branchi is not considered to be one of
the larger sauropods - we're not talking Amphecoelus here.

                 Curious in Colorado,
                     Virginia Tidwell