Re: dinosaurs and endothermy

     I was under the impression that crocodilian cannot expand thier
thoracic cavity to breathe but instead essentially diplace thier livers
to increase lung volume for inhalation.  Turtles use basically the
same method.  This is due to rigidity of thier torso caused by thier
armour.  Does this mean that dinosaurs could not expanfd thier thoracic
cavity either, but had to move drop thier livers as well?  There is no
evidence that the majorty of dinosaurs were very heavily armoured, so I find
it unlikely that they would have to adopt this peculiar and specialized
strategy.  If they didn't breathe like birds or crocodilians, how did they
breathe?

J.MARTZ