Re: RE: Warm Blooded vs. Cold Blooded

>Your statement does not seem to make sense. My statement is that the heads
>and mouths of sauropods were large enough to feed a high metabolic rate. That
>does not prove they had a high metabolic rate, but it discredits the common
>belief that sauropods could not have had a mammalian rate of food
>consumption. Its that simple.

OK, they had mouths wide enough to swallow four water melons sideways,
doesn't mean that they did. Your belief that it discredits the "common
belief that sauropods could not have had a mammalian rate of food
consumption" makes all kinds of implicit assumptions about sauropod and
mammalian metabolics. Or are you really saying that mouth width is
correlated to metabolic rate?

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au