Re: Blood flow in Sauropods

>>From ornstn@inforamp.net Wed Sep 13 07:29:17 1995
> >
> > Why not?  After all, their predators were magnitudes of scale bigger than
> > goose predators, too!
>
>The point is that geese are short compared to the grass.
>The sauropods were far and away taller than the herbaceous
>vegetation on the area *without* the long neck.

Sorry, this doesn't convince me.  In fact almost all geese forage in
extremely short grass areas - often stuff a sparrow could see over.

I am not saying that long necks weren't high-browsing adaptations.  But they
may also have been useful in spotting distant predators.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5