Re: yet more amber (sorry)

I have been lurking on the edges of the discussion about amber and
oxygen values. I agree with the recent thread that studies should be
carried out on modern resins and not the amber. It is entirely possible
that the air bubbles were subjected to selective diffusion of nitrogen
through the bubble skin (possibly along with water, etc.). It is even
possible that nitrifying bacteria were present and upset the air
equilibrium prior to encapsulation in the amber.

Does anyone have a reference that gives values for trace gases in these
amber bubbles? TIA.

                                   Henry Barwood