Re: RE: Warm Blooded vs. Cold Blooded

>The head of a 30-50 ton brachiosaur could swallow a human whole (I have seen
>the real skull in Berlin). To consume enough food to power a whale-like
>metabolism (about one ton per day) would require eating about only 1 kilogram
>per minute (these are very approximate values).
> The mouth of a 11 tonne Diplodocus was broader than that of an 11 tonne
>indricothere (I have taken the measurements).
>
>GSPaul

You are still making rediculously simple assumptions about sauropod
energetic that you can not possibly know. Eg why a whale-like metabolism?
What is the true nature of sauropod matabolisms? The answer is that this
cannot be known and that calculations such as this are only hypothetical
models showing that a proposition is/is not possible given a whole host of
implicit assumptions. The appropriate dose of sodium cloride that must be
injested with such propositions should not be understated.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au