Re: Blood flow in Sauropods

At 02:26 PM 9/12/95 -0400, Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
>If you have a REALLY, REALLY BIG body, using a long neck is more advantageous
>than moving the whole body, it seems to me. I have no problem with this
>notion.

     OK, here's a thought . . . nothing more:

          1) An enormous herbivore grazing upon an open plain is hard to
hide from afar.
          2) A *moving* enormous herbivore grazing upon an open plain is an
invitation to dinner.
          3) A *stationary* enormous herbivore attracts less unwelcome
attention from afar.
          4) A *stationary* enormous herbivore that can graze a wide swath
of nutritious greens
                    a) eats to live;
                    b) lives to eat; and
                    c) leaves a lot more descendants.