Re: Re: stuff

>I don't think that T-Rex was a scavenger.  It is obvious by its build
>that it was a very powerful hunter and had little to fear from its prey.

In all fairness, a Triceratops would be about the most dangerous prey item
you can think of (at least in the Lancian), giving a T. rex a hell of lot to
fear.  And, even as a major supporter of the "T. rex as predator"
hypothesis, I will admit that tyrannosaurids probably ate a lot of carrion
(as do almost all tetrapod terrestrial predators).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Dept. of Geology
University of Maryland