Amber breath

I can't comment yet on the possibility of higher O2 levels in amber
relative to the atmospheric levels as I am waiting for some
geochemists to play around with my ideas, but at the moment I can't
say how this is possible.  I can only say that I think it is
possible, but await confirmation.

The facts (sorry -perhaps not the most scientific of words, maybe
'likelyhoods' is a better word?) are that it is unlikely that the trapped
 gaseous content of amber is not likely to reflect the atmosphere that
 it was first formed in, as it allows the diffusion of largish
molecules like H2O and presumably CO2 etc.  On compaction and
chemical alteration due to taphonomic processes, the remaining gases
become trapped and remain relatively constant in their composition.
Whether there is any common chemical reaction that produces oxygen
from the organic molecules held in amber, or whether it is from green
plant material held in the amber, I don't know.  I am hoping that my
pet Life-geochemists will be able to help with this.  Maybe there is
some electrolytic reaction between the diagenetic fluids in the
sediment and the amber?..... Maybe someone has already looked into
this?  Anyone with answers out there?

Neil