Re: 250 Ma volcanic eruption

>   Where was India at the time, relative to Chixalub?  If you look on a
>globe today, India is almost exactly on the other side of the planet from
>Chixalub (I think you know what I'm hinting at here).

I once did some calculations on a 65mybp palaeoglobe (based on the Terra
Mobilis program) and the land closest to the opposite side of the world to
Chixalub at that time was Broome, Western Australia. In reference to an
earlier, similar post by Dave Carlisle, India was some distance from the
opposite side of the world at that time. Not only was Australia much closer
to the antipodal impact site, there are no flood basalts of that age in
that area.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au