Re: Dinosaur "baculae"

>As for dinosaurs, its pretty unlikely that they possessed either a baculum
>or a true penis, as neither crocodylians or birds possess either.

Crocs actually have pretty good dongers that occasionally evert during
intraspecific combat as well as more conventional moments of passion. I
also understand that duck dicks are a reality which are rather long and
thin.

In a more general context, this would imply that the penis was lost
(bobbittised?) between crocs and birds with some birds having a reversion.
I would hazard a guess that the penile loss occurred close to birds
probably associated with flight modifications (more weight reduction that
aerodynamic drag). This leaves the question of dino appendages somewhat up
in the air (!?!) but almost certianly without the assistance of a baculum.

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au