Re: Blood flow in Sauropods

 From: Stang1996@aol.com
 >     Why would Diplodocoideans have evolved their "more" horizontal neck from
 > the verticle-esque neck of all other sauropods if it didn't have some
 > tremendous advantage over the verticle-esque necks; i.e. why would they
 > expend all that energy in evolving a worse feeding apperatus?

Your assumption that the diplodocid type neck is the derived state
may be wrong.  The neck articulation of prosauropods is essentially
the same as that of the diplodocids, so I suspect that their neck
arrangement is a primitive retention.

[Note, it is quite obvious that their necks had to be somewhat
flexible, even if only so they could drink].

The peace of God be with you.