stuff

I figured someone else would have posted these refs by now, but I haven't
seen them, so here they come:

R.A. Berner.  1994.  GEOCARB II: A revised model of atmospheric CO2 over
Phanerozoic time.  American Journal of Science 294: 56-91.

J.B. Graham, R. Dudley, N.M. Aguilar and C. Gans.  1995.  Implications of
the late Paleozoic oxygen pulse for physiology and evolution.  Nature
375: 117-120.

These articles are some of the basis for the recently posted questions about
atmospheric chemistry and what critters did.

For a speculative discussion of how some of this might relate to dinosaurs,
see J.O. Farlow, P. Dodson, and A. Chinsamy.  1995.  Dinosaur biology.
Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 26: 445-471 (note:this is still in
press, and hasn't been published yet; it's due out by year's end, of course).

     Changing the subject, and putting my own $0.02 into the question of
how fast Tyrannosaurus could move, and what it ate, see the following
references for my take on these matters:

J.O. Farlow.  1994.  Speculations about the carrion-locating ability of
tyrannosaurs.  Historical Biology 7: 159-165  (fence straddler that I tend
to be, I think tyrannosaurs were deadly killers whenever they could be at
relatively low risk, but that, for the reasons described in this paper,
they may also have been pretty good at finding dead carcasses)

J.O. Farlow, M.B. Smith, and J.M. Robinson, in press.  Body mass, bone
"strength indicator", and cursorial potential of Tyrannosaurus rex.  To
be published (1995?) in Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology.

Back to lurking.

Jim Farlow
Founder and President
Society for Traditionally Orthodox Dinosaur Groupies and Yahoos
"Back to the Swamps; Harrumph and Amen"