Impacts and vulcanism

Sorry about writing for billion when it  was obvious I meant
million.

The Columbia flood basalts are centered on 45 degrees north,
115 degrees west.  The antipodal point is 45 south, 65 east.
Th is in the middle of the Antartic Ocean, if I am not mistaken
(I probabaly am), one of the least explored regions of the
earth.  I don't know of any craters there.  I took time off to
consult the atlas.  The point is jusdt north of Kerguelen
Island.  Does anyone know anything about the geology of this
island?

David

--
bk090@Freenet Carleton.CA