Re: Teaching Evolution

In a message dated 95-09-10 10:01:53 EDT, ornstn@inforamp.net (Ronald
Orenstein) writes:

>Actually, this argument is probably one of the few honest creationist
>arguments out there, and it is, of course, utterly unanswerable because it
>not only has nothing to do with science, it absolutely negates science.  I
>thnk the only way to answer it is to point out that scientists, to do any
>science at all, must assume that the data they collect have some meaning,
>and that as soon as we conclude that a divine hand has, in effect, tricked
>us, we can no longer rely on scientific research to tell us anything about
>any subject - a bit of a stretch, I suggest, for all but the most
>close-minded fundamentalist (and we seem to have a lot of those lately,
>don't we?).

Actually, as I argue elsewhere, it is the creationists and fundamentalists
who have been planted here by the devil to distract scientists and other
people from learning how the world works and thereby keep them from
appreciating God's glory. (Try that on your fundamentalist acquaintances
sometime and watch them come after you with pitchforks.)

G.O.