Re: Atmospheric O2 Levels and Dinosaur Growth

>There does seem to be another problem here.One of volume. The earths
>atmosphereic volume is fixed.  Further, the global abundance of  atmospheric
>gases must also have been fixed (in equilibriumwith each other)......

>                                          regards,
>                                          Thomas R. Lipka
>                                          Paleontological/Geological Studies

I was under the impression that there actually might have been a more
voluminous, if not a denser, atmosphere in the geologic past, that has been
reduced by slow leakage of gases into space over time.  Mind you, I can't
recall where I heard this, or how far back we are talking about.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5