Re: 250 Ma volcanic eruption

>  Where was India at the time, relative to Chixalub?  If you look on a
>globe today, India is almost exactly on the other side of the planet from
>Chixalub (I think you know what I'm hinting at here).

The Indian "subcontinent"  was at that time several thousand kilometers south
of its present position. Then, India was an island continent northeast of
Madagascar (also Kms from south of present position) and well below the
equator. Roughly 180 degrees from (opposite to) the Yucatan.

                                            Thomas R. Lipka
                                            Paleontological/Geological
Studies