No-Gender in the ICZN

    Having no gender in the ICZN is inane.  What is so tremendously
difficult about seeing if a word ends in a -us, -o, or -a; the suffexes for
masculine, neuter, and feminine?  Or if it's like one of those strange
cases (like the Spanish "dia" [masc] or the Greek "cephalus"
[feminine]) looking in a Latin or Greek dictionary and seeing the little
m, n, or f in parantheses following a word?  Even in Russian it is
easy to decifer gender, a consinent for masculine, an o or yo is
neuter and an a or ya is feminine.  Special cases would be labelled.
Not that hard.
    Also, when we speak in scientific nomenclature, we are in esense
no longer speaking in English (or whatever), we are speaking in Latin.
 It would be just plain wrong if we ignore gender.

Peter Buchholz
Stang1996@aol.com

-Boycot Taco Bell's "Texas Tacos" and "Border Light" menu items.
-Suport the abolition of the $1.00 bill in the United States in favor of a
 $2.00 bill and $1.00 coin.