Re: 250 Ma volcanic eruption

>Sounds unlikely to me. Aren't flood basalt volcanisms the result of huge
>upwellings from the mantle - i.e. hotspots on stereoids? How can an
>impact trigger one? Besides, Chixculub (sp?) isn't anywhere near India,
>wasn't even 65 Ma I think.

   There's something I've been curious about and maybe those who are very
familiar with the position of the continents 65 mya.

   Where was India at the time, relative to Chixalub?  If you look on a
globe today, India is almost exactly on the other side of the planet from
Chixalub (I think you know what I'm hinting at here).

   Also, had India begun to impact on asia yet 65 mya?

** The DinoStore TO START OPS IN SEPT ** "..and, remember, all the trout     **
** Check out my homepage for details  ** were coughing up hairballs?" ---    **
** It's almost time!!!!               ** Harold Green on Moose Thompson's    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/   ** last dip in Possum Lake             **