Dinosaur "baculae"

    >   I've devoted a little thought to the process, especially having
>seen some peculiar bones associated with the occasional sauropod skeleton
>that don't resemble anything else in the skeleton, except possibly a vastly
>deformed rib -- a sauropod baculum?

I should be extremely surprised to learn that any dinosaur had a baculum, as
this is a feature of the mammalian penis which (by virtue of its being
divorced from the digestive system except in Monotremata which I think lack
baculae) is not exactly homologous to the intromittent organ of any
non-mammalian vertebrate.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5