Re: The Lost World: Errata

In a message dated 95-09-24 22:16:28 EDT, jpoling@infinet.com (Jeff Poling)
writes:

>  And how much does it hurt NOT to have it in there?  Lost World is a work
>of fiction about a fictional place with fictional characters in fictional
>situations.  Expecting it to recount the entire long boring story of how
>Maiasaurua peeblsorum received its name is a bit much and totally irrelevant
>to the story as a whole.  This is NOT a doctoral dissertation, a reference
>book, or even The Dinosaur Heresies.

Let me amplify my previous posting. I could care less whether the story of
how _Maiasaura_ got its name was or was not included in Crichton's novel.
Crichton, however, saw fit to mention it, for reasons known best to himself.
He got it wrong. He could have gotten it right had he simply remembered to
add Bob Makela's name. Since I find gratuitously perpetuated errors in
popular publications irritating, I saw fit to enumerate it in my list of the
book's gratuitous errors. Big deal.