Re: The Lost World: Errata

>In a message dated 95-09-24 18:48:06 EDT, jpoling@infinet.com (Jeff Poling)
>writes:
>
>> Unnecessarily picky, I think.
>
>How much would it have hurt the novel if he had written "paleontologists Jack
>Horner and Robert Makela" instead of just "paleontologist Jack Horner"?

   And how much does it hurt NOT to have it in there?  Lost World is a work
of fiction about a fictional place with fictional characters in fictional
situations.  Expecting it to recount the entire long boring story of how
Maiasaurua peeblsorum received its name is a bit much and totally irrelevant
to the story as a whole.  This is NOT a doctoral dissertation, a reference
book, or even The Dinosaur Heresies.

** 9/19/95.  T. rex is the Dinosaur-of-the-Month.  Visit our home page at    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/ for price lists and dinosaur essays.     **