Re: The Lost World: Errata

>In a message dated 95-09-24 18:48:06 EDT, jpoling@infinet.com (Jeff Poling)
>writes:
>
>> Certainly you've not forgotten _Velociraptor anthirropus_?
>
>You mean _Deinonychus antirrhopus_, yes?

   From what I've read both on this list and s.b.p., Michael Crichton, and
several honest-to-god paleontologists, place Deinonychus in the genus
Velociraptor.  That would make Crichton's description of the size of
Velociraptors, if not correct, at least in the ballpark.

** 9/19/95.  T. rex is the Dinosaur-of-the-Month.  Visit our home page at    **
** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/ for price lists and dinosaur essays.     **