Returning.

Hi ALL,

After some hectic nights without much, if any, sleep I am returning to make
my occassional (and unintelligent) contributions to the dinosaurs lovers
out there.  There are a few questions I have namely:

1.  I caught wind (a nice one actually) of a special symposium happening at
the latest GSA (New Orleans, where I hear the food is a delight) on
November 5.  It is called "Variability of Isotope Compositions in Modern
and Fossil Organic Matter."  Well, this is right down my ally   :-)
Unfortunately I can not come, although I would really love too, so I must
resort to the second option.  I have a list of the papers being presented,
but I need to know some of the e-mail addresses of the people involved, so
that I may be able to obtain more information as to the interesting news
they will present.  If anyone on this list knows of any people involved in
this symposium and has there e-mail addresses would it be possible for you
to contact me (my e-mail address please).  People such as J.Chanton, B.
Fry, N.Ostrom, S.A. Macko, D. Ballantine, S. Connin, P.L. Koch and
P.Ostrom.  This would greatly be appreciated.

2.  Howdy TOM, it's been a while, but I'm after your expert advice.  Here's
one especially for you (and anyone else....I'm not biased when it comes to
knowledge   ;-).  Yesterday I was reading in our state newspaper that there
has been a new form of Tyrannosaurid found in Argentina, which was
published in Nature yesterday as well.  I doubt that I shall receive this
Nature issue for at least two weeks, so please help.  It has been
postulated   :-)   that it is bigger than T. rex.  Can anyone inform me of
the most recent news on this?

3.  I distinctly remember Ralph Chapman (a long time ago) stating that
everyone should keep there eyes open on the South America's as a lot of new
dino.'s etc. will be coming out of there.  Point number two definitely
highlights this, but has anything else been found which hasn't reached the
press yet  (I love the press mind you   ;-)

4.  This leads on from points 2/3, but why is nearly everything being found
lately is larger than anything else before?  Is it something to do with the
evolution of the human eyes, or are we seeing now (from areas not properly
explored) an insight into the fuller picture of dinosaurian ecology over
the planet?

Well, I'm exhausted.  I shall now sit back and read for a while, unless I
need to make a desperate comment (that's me   :-)

Cheers,
Darren R. GROCKE

Australia