Re: giganotosaurus...article from boston globe

Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

>This "bigger than _T. rex_" business isn't as clear-cut as I previously
>thought, either.

The San Jose Mercury News had an article on Giganotosaurus yesterday.
Besides all the same info as posted here, they got Jack Horner to
compare it to T.rex.  He was quoted as saying that he didn't care
which one was bigger -- the important question is (guess what?) whether
or not Giganotosaurus was a scavenger :-)

BTW, I think the largest meat-eating dino shouldn't have a name that is
too hard to pronounce/remember, especially for 6-year olds who need to
know this bit of trivia.  I would have named it Giganotosaurus rex, which
could then be shortened to G-rex :-)

Achut Reddy                     So many fossils... so little time!
achut@sun.com