Re: Good Intentions For Sue

I really can't believe the government bashing is continuing here
(Jason, are you less naive now? ;-)  Let me try again to clarify what
I see as best for this list:

If you have something specific to say about the way the government
regulates surveying for, or buying or selling fossils, great send it
here for us to discuss.  If you have something to say about the way
the government acted in a particular instance (e.g. confiscating Sue),
great, put it out here for us to discuss.  If you just want to make
off hand comments that have little to do with any substantive points
you're trying to make, if you just want to throw in a silly joke
that's likely to anger someone else, or if you just want to whine
about any particular government then please, take it outside.

Whether you agree or disagree with George's recent "POLITICAL TRACT",
if you feel any need to discuss it, please take it up with him
personally or take it to another list.  George, please knock it off.
I don't even care whether or not your perspective has any validity at
the moment; if you feel a need to vent your spleen there are plenty of
other places that will accommodate you.  If you want to get a list of
publicly available mailing lists to find out which one might best
serve your needs, ftp to sri.com and get yourself a copy of
netinfo/interest-groups.txt.

Thanks for your cooperation!