Re: Sauropod Informed (original Blood flow ?)

> T-rex teeth, biting ability, and scent receptors.
> Would I be assuming too much in guesing T-rex had poor oral hygine? Would I
> be farther off the beam to assume that a deep bite on a Hadrosaur thigh would
> go septic? Would not such a wounded dinosaur take on a 'special' scent?
> Wouldn't this wounded dino, especially if on migration, fall behind the herd
> and become much easier to dispatch?

     Some gentleman whose name I can't recall suggested something similar
using Komodo Dragons as a model.  Komodos have serrated teeth that trap
little putrifying peices of meat in the serrations.  When it bites
something, the prey animal in question gets a terrible infection, almost
as if the komodo were actually poisionous.  This guy's argument
was that the little, teeny cube shaped serrations of tyrannosaurs might have
served a similar function.  It doesn't seem like such a bad suggestion
when you conider that these serrations are fairly small and CUBICAL, not
pointed.

J.Martz