SUE.. what to do?

  OK, folks.... this may be a rather bizarre idea... and it
may already have been suggested.. if so, my apologies.

 There have been a few good suggestions as to a workable
solution to the problem of the disposition of Sue. My
favorite was to give her to the Smithsonian & pay Mr.
Williams a percentage of the revenue generated by selling
casts.

 Why don't we all suggest this to the government? If I
recall correctly (Feel free to jump in if I'm wrong), the
President's Internet address is president@whitehouse.gov.
 What say we all send Email to that address (POLITE mail,
mind you.. :> ) voicing our concerns about the situation, &
suggesting the above idea as a solution.

 (No, I don't honestly believe that Pres. Clinton will see
even ONE of the messages.... but maybe it'll come to the
attention of someone in a position to possibly DO something
about it. After all.... Sue is (AFAIK) the most complete T.
rex ever found, and as such is an invaluable scientific
resource for this country. Letting her be sold on the open
market, probably to a private collector (possibly a foreign
collector, at that) and taking her out of the hands of
American scientists & educators... well, someone in the maze
of government might think that taking action to prevent that
from happening would make good campaign P.R..... )

 Awaiting flames from those who dislike my idea.... :>

Name: Michael Edward Purvis
E-mail: us009472@pop3.interramp.com (Michael Edward Purvis)
Date: 06/23/95
Time: 09:40:26

"I really must stop loaning dinosaurs to folks.." :)