Frogs in the rain (was Re: Bakker lecture)

On 09/21/95 Jason Head wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere that all amphibians are pretty much
> disappearing (water permeable integument + acid rain = dead amphibs').

This would be more plausible if there were any real evidence of widespread
acid *precipitation* (it's clear that certain lakes are getting more acid.)

> Where I'm from (Michigan), the summer nights used to be a cacophony of
> horny frogs, now theres barely a peeper.

Maybe you were just smaller and quieter then. :-|

~ Kiran

--
1628 5th St NW Washington DC 20001 +1 202 483 3157 +1 202 483 3373
WWW: http://www.io.com/user/entropy/home.html