Re[2]: Bakker lecture

>        I remember reading somewhere that all amphibians are pretty much
> disappearing (water permeable integument + acid rain = dead amphibs').

     =The actual story is a bit more complicated than that.  As Darren
     =pointed out, the golden toad (of central america, not south) has
     =apparently disappeared.

     =Mickey Rowe     (rowe@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu)

I would like to point out that there is a North America and a South America but
no Central America continent.  Can we say North American ithmus, or name the
country of origin, rather than continue to mislabel a land area that is as
misleading as Europe separated from Asia in continent counts?  Please?
That would then make the North American Golden Toad easier to find for properly
brought up school kids.

-Betty