DINOSAUR digest 594

On Thu, 21 Sep 95 10:09 EDT, Tom Holtz <Thomas_R_HOLTZ@umail.umd.edu> wrote:

> The news readers from around the world are not reading their copy.  The name
> of the critter is "GigaNOTOsaurus" (as in giant southern reptile).  Your are
> correct that Gigantosaurus has been used for an English brachiosaurid
> (Pelorosaurus? can't remember), and the Tendaguruan diplodocid Janenschia
> and the titanosaurian Tornieria.
>
> >Well, perhaps someone else can figure it out (as I write, there has been no
> >mention of this impending publication in my mail-box. Am I just behind
> schedule,
> >as I'm surprised that no-one else has commented on it yet.).
>
> I did!  I commented on it on National Public Radio.

Yeah - and I heard you on All Things Considered, Tom - and I must say, it was
kinda fun hearing someone I almost feel that I know talking about one of my
favorite topics with such obvious authority  :)

Skip Dahlgren
Applications Programmer, Office of Educational Development
Phone: 501/296-1087; FAX: 501/686-7053
e-mail: sdahlgren@liblan.uams.edu; bcsskip@aol.com
"Cross-platform computing is much safer than downhill!"  :)