Re: FOR MICKEY..

At 10:12 AM 9/21/95, th81 wrote:
>The news readers from around the world are not reading their copy.  The name
>of the critter is "GigaNOTOsaurus" (as in giant southern reptile).  Your are
>correct that Gigantosaurus has been used for an English brachiosaurid
>(Pelorosaurus? can't remember), and the Tendaguruan diplodocid Janenschia
>and the titanosaurian Tornieria.

        Hey, what's this?  Tom Holtz _forgot_ something?!?  ;-)  (Sorry,
Tom, it happens so infrequently, I had to get in on this...)  Some of the
original _Gigantosaurus_ sauropod material, _Gigantosaurus dixeyi_, is now
part of _Malawisaurus dixeyi_.

Jerry D. Harris
Shuler Museum of Paleontology
Southern Methodist University
Box 750395
Dallas  TX  75275-0395
(214) 768-2750
FAX:  (214) 768-2701
jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu
        (Compuserve:  73132,3372)

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and
quacks like a duck, then it is the sister taxon to,
but cannot parsimoniously be, the direct ancestor
to all other ducks."

                                --  _not_ W. Hennig